Thursday, September 4, 2008

Shut Up Beyonce



It never fails to amuse me when a celebrity opens their mouth. Can't they just be cute and quiet at the same time? Normally they say something that makes me even more happy to be me. Perhaps we'll never have their money, but they could never have our depth or grasp of reality. Beyonce recently went and ruined it for me with her recent comments in Marie Claire...

"There is a time limit on being a pop star, yes. Being a legend, an icon? Absolutely not. I’m over being a pop star. I don’t wanna be a hot girl. I wanna be iconic. And I feel like I’ve accomplished a lot. I feel like I’m highly respected, which is more important than any award or any amount of records. And I feel like there comes a point when being a pop star is not enough."

Huhhhh?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Beyonce,

I don't know what you think you've done to change the world, or add to it, but you haven't fooled me. And you like yourself enough that you don't need the rest of us. But "iconic" or "legendary?" Pahhhh-lease, Homegirl. You can't even make it through a photo shoot without some serious thigh cropping. Girl, if you could spend half as much time feeding a child in Ethiopia with your own jeweled fingers as you do chomping on a fried chicken wing, maybe I'll take you seriously, perhaps even consider you "legendary"... Until then, Shut the hell up.

Love,

Momma Magpie

5 comments:

..... said...

yeah the celebs are borin !! i dont even know why they get fashion mags covers !! they're not stylish ! they just pay a stylist !!

Tori :) said...

ITA!!! There are so many celebrities that think the are God's greatest gift. Hey Beyonce- lots of people can sing. You were just biotch enough to walk all over people.

Tori :) said...

Her sister thinks she's all that too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2L7O9jLgGcQ

Tabitha Blue said...

Wow, now I'm glad I didn't buy that magazine... would've been sad to have spent my money on that!

Gina said...

Amen!